Other Traffic Offenses
There are multiple other traffic offenses that a driver can be charged with beyond the ones mentioned on other pages of this site. Below we will go over some of the other charges that a person may face that we do not have any other pages for.
- One is the failure to stop at a stop sign. You can be charged with this if you “roll” a stop sign.
- Another is the failure to stop at a steady red light. Even if you are turning right, and there are no cars coming, you still have to come to a complete stop before you turn.
- Thirdly, expired registration can cause a headache for you until you get it updated.
- “Hit and Run” is a term that is used to describe a number of potential charges. Contact us to discuss what level of charge you are facing. It can be used to describe a range of crimes from a Class 1 misdemeanor, up to a Class H felony.
- Illegal street racing: this can be a very serious offense. Depending on whether the race is prearranged or is spontaneous, it can either be a Class 1 misdemeanor or a Class 2 misdemeanor. In addition, it can cause you to lose your license, and your car can even be seized and sold at auction. Obviously, this charge can have serious financial and lifestyle ramifications.
Of course, there are many more traffic offenses than those listed here. If you have questions about any other charges, please do not hesitate to give us a call to discuss what penalties you could be facing. We would be glad to discuss what options you may have in your case. Our goal is to help you keep your consequences and stress level to a minimum. Let us worry about your case, so that you don’t have to.